Here are just a few notes and thoughts regarding the Spring Football weekend for NDSU Football.
1. The Bison Showcase evening was a lot of fun. Great food or snacks as you would have it. The Hilton Garden did a real nice job.
2. The coordinators, both offensive and defensive gave real thorough talks on the status of the team. As they talked, I could feel the excitement start to build for the year to come.
3. Some very neat items. If you got the fridge and don’t know where to put it, I have some room in my garage where you can store it.
4. Spring Locker Room sale- Disappointed this year. I have gone for many years in a row, and this year it seemed most stuff was over-priced and basically a lot of leftover stuff from last year or years before. Needless to say I spent much less than years past.
5. Spring game silent auction- Some decent items, but bidding started a bit high on some. Overall decent
6. Spring game- It is always fun to see the players and how they have gotten bigger or quicker or in some cases huge, since last year. The game itself was unique with the new scoring method. Kind of confusing with points and who was on which teams, but with so many players sitting out the game, it was easy to see why. It seems we are working a lot more on the passing game this spring which is probably good. Overall it seemed as though it was very low key and somewhat uneventful, but that is ok with me. When fall hits and all the new kids are in school and we are back to full strength, I will be pumped and ready and I am sure the team and coaches will be as well. Since spring is slow to get here and who knows if we will have summer, I say the heck with summer and bring on the fall and football. I can’t wait.
I ended with 6 bullets or comments and I would hope with that number, it will bring karma and the 6th home game. Gene Taylor joked with us at the Showcase, but I sure hope he can make it happen.